15 FEBRUARY 2022
Need of Cyber Security in Pharmaceutical Industry
Today’s pharmaceutical industry is more effective than ever due to the blend of technology in it. Tech innovations in the development of medicines have been leading to healthcare solutions for diseases we could not even imagine, including diagnostics, preventive measures, and treatments.
Is There Really a Requirement for Cyber Security?
Yes, the top need for any firm today is to pay close attention to security posture evaluations and data security policies. And this is because the risk and vulnerabilities of data security is occurring constantly. So, cyber security becomes the topmost need. Healthcare industry is among the industries that are most vulnerable to cyber attacks - compromising confidential data and threatening routine work. It is impossible to get educated on cyber security for this industry staff due to their busy and long days in doing research work. Moreover, everyday new uncovered threats make it more difficult to know where it would be best to invest the budget of a pharma company.
Reasons that Make Pharma Sector Prone to Cyber Attacks
Often- outdated systems is the topmost reason that increases the attack risk. Hackers can sell incredible data and make a lot of money, so it is the most important thing to save research data with high security.
- Pandemic has made remote work more common. Sharing the data at different platforms opens up golden opportunities for hackers.
- Healthcare area remains the most demanding area and of course the busiest area. Tight deadlines and long working hours do not allow them to use new technologies because they do not have time to get handy working on new things.
- Medical devices are easy to hack – these are made for many purposes like dispensing medicines or monitoring heart rates. These are not prepared with security alerts. Though, hackers are aware that devices do not store any research data, due to lack of security, medical devices become the entry point for hackers.
- Not one, but there is use of hundreds of devices in the pharmaceutical industry – all devices are connected to a single network making cyber attacks more approachable.
Ways to Protect Your Organisation
- If possible, you need to make a team entirely dedicated full time to look at the information security program, and prioritise the role of each member so that they have authority and freedom to be operative efficiently. You need to remain updated on your company’s strategic cyber risk profile and ensure that adequate measures are being taken to remove the upcoming cyber risk.
- Basic security systems to help you are data loss prevention, anti-virus, email gateway, intrusion detection, duplicate encryption, web gateway, etc
- Advanced security control systems such as business continuity, anti-theft devices, digital forensics, network fragmentation, login testing, multi-factor authentication, risk scans, and information sharing scans could also help the pharmaceutical industry to enhance its security.
As organisations are threatened increasingly by attacks, the need for cyber security in the pharmaceutical industry is vast and required to be addressed precisely to protect these firms.
Our Latest Posts
We know IT. In fact, we wrote a blog on it.
Reasons why businesses need Network Firewall Security
Cyber security is a growing concern in this highly advanced age where protecting your business‘s crucial data is more important than ever.Read More
How Cyber Security Advantageously Works for Business Enterprises
Day by day, cyber-crime is consistently increasing and various small business firms are highly becoming dangerous as a consequence of cyber security.Read More
What Is Cyber Security And How Does It Work?
Cyber security is the term that is vital for the tech-driven world. It is the essential layer of protection that helps companies preserve their confidentiality.Read More
Mechanism of Cyber Security for Autonomous and Networked Systems
Global networking produces huge amounts of data that are constantly being exchanged provide such processes a target for unauthorized persons.Read More
Everything beginners need to know about Cybersecurity
Everything beginners need to know about Cybersecurity: Importance, Types, and Programming codesRead More
Keep the hackers at bay!
With anything and everything going online these days, it is vital to discuss the critical issue of Cybersecurity.Read More
Need of Cyber Security in Pharmaceutical Industry
Today’s pharmaceutical industry is more effective than ever due to the blend of technology in it. Tech innovations in the development of medicines have been leading to healthcare solutions for diseases we could not even imagineRead More
Cyber Security: The Limitless Power Of Data Needs Protection
“Our world has gone digital & with it, terms like data security, privacy protection, & cyber safety have garnered immense traction. Let’s dive deeper into them!”Read More
Seven (7) Cyber Security Mistakes That You Should Avoid
Cybersecurity is the practice of using information technology systems and processes to guard networks, data, servers, and devices from unauthorized use and malicious attacks.Read More
An Introduction to Cybersecurity
Cybercrime is on the rise and it has become a global issue ruling the news cycle.Read More
Automotive Cyber Security: A Crash Course on Protecting Your Car
What’s the point of putting your car on the Internet if you aren’t going to secure it?Read More
Top 5 Challenges Faced By OT Cybersecurity Solutions
Cyberattacks on industrial targets and key infrastructure will become commonplace in 2021.Read More
5 most typical IT support problems you might face.
With digital advancements in online collaboration and communication, working from home has steadily become a norm for the majority.Read More
11 ways to protect your business against cyber attacks
Common sense is always the first line of defense and common sense lies when you consider cybersecurity for your online business.Read More
5 things your IT department should be doing
The times are changing and so are the IT department’s primary jobs. However, most people think that the IT department is restricted only to computer problems.Read More
Save Money and Effort with the right IT Project Management Services
The world is moving fast and so is today's tech; with the demand for high speed and convergence of emerging technologies like cloud and big data.Read More
Here's why your organization needs a secure file sharing platform
Organizations have been working with digital files and assets for quite some time now, but questions around file security remain rampant even to this day.Read More
Is working from home affecting your company's culture?
The current COVID-19 pandemic has ushered in advances in online collaboration and communication tools, steadily making 'Work From Home' a full-blown norm.Read More
5 tips to ensure productivity when working from home
As Circuit Breaker measures are being gradually being lifted, human resource (HR) departments across companies are debating whether employers and employees should continue working from home.Read More
You can keep yourself sane, and work from home too!
Singapore is progressively reopening its economy and gradually easing its Circuit Breaker measures. Still, many businesses continue working from home as they are not deemed "essential services."Read More