Remote Support Engineer
We emphasize training, knowledge, and customer empathy — the learning opportunities will never end! We are serious about keeping our skills sharp. You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validate and clarify the issue reported.
- You must diagnose hardware malfunctions, software issues and provide support to customers. Research, identify solutions, resolve and take full ownership of reported customer issues. This includes liaising with external vendors.
- Escalate tickets not resolvable to advanced Support specialists.
- You resolve customer requests initiated through multiple support channels including: telephone and online support request submissions.
- You will perform scheduled preventive maintenance and systems administration functions.
- Strong organization skills and a process and detail-oriented approach.
- Promote and ensure a culture of privacy and security.
- Keep thorough, clear, and complete records in the ticketing system of all actions taken.
- Provide customer-facing documentation of necessary processes.
- Closely follow up on ongoing service interactions with customers.
- Be friendly, efficient, and dependable, and always provide timely updates to users.
- Maintain a professional image at all times through behavior, and all verbal & written communications.
- Interface and work closely with support specialists team and other departments as required.
- Participate in an on-call planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience in a technical support role, level 1 support engineer, system support engineer or similar role;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology.
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
- Ability to solve complex hardware, software and network issues.
- Strong troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Strong customer and solution-oriented focus
- Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing, typing skills, and the ability to manage complex technical conversations via telephone, chat and email
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- bility to think quickly, communicate positively, work proactively, and readily embrace change
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization skills and a passion for providing superior service
- Ability to multi-task (e.g. various customer inquiries simultaneously) and be adaptable to a changing business environment
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- The workspace must be private (e.g. not a library or coffee shop).
- The workspace must be physically secure, located behind a door that the remote agent can close.
- The workspace must allow the remote worker to participate in phone calls without the other party detecting that they are working in a non-office setting.
- The workspace must have a fast, stable internet connection (at least 10 Mbps down / 5 Mbps up).
- The workspace must be adequately lit and climate-controlled.